Our Mission is to support the Canadian community of Specialized Kinesiology.
- Be the unifying professional organization for practitioners of specialized kinesiology which supports certified/qualified professionals to provide safe and effective natural health care to the public.
- Promote self-care and educate the public about natural health care and how to find it through outreach.
- Honour the uniqueness and differences in professional modalities of natural health care.
- Support and encourage the provision of quality education leading to high quality professional practitioners.
- Provide events for our members to refine their techniques and connect with up-to-date knowledge and practices.
- Create a community that invites practitioners and people of all interest levels to receive up to date information.
- Encourage and support the continuum of total wellness for all.
- Honour our founder Dr. John Thie’s original vision to enable families and individuals in their own self care. Continue to promote Dr. Thie’s vision to have a person on every street in every community capable of offering these skills to their friends and neighbours.
- To affiliate with the International Kinesiology College and other International Kinesiology Associations.
Our Vision is to build and support the expansion of Specialized Kinesiology in every community across Canada
- Be the Canadian “umbrella” organization for a variety of recognized and government-approved health modalities that use specialized kinesiology to assess and improve the health of individuals.
- Be the voice of Canadian member professions and practitioners in specialized kinesiology.
- Formally educate the public about specialized kinesiology and its benefits.
- Advocate for our professions with the public as well as government health care providers and insurance companies.
- Support members in disseminating information about specialized kinesiology by advertising and promoting education of practitioners as well as education for the public.
- Support and encourage member practitioners in building and maintaining successful businesses.
- Ensure standards are met and maintained by each specialty profession in order to protect the public.
- Collect and administer professional fees to accomplish the above operations.
- Remain a self-supporting organization.